You can turn powder laundry detergent into liquid laundry detergent. Here is a complete guide for turning it.
How to Turn Powder Laundry Soap Into Liquid
Component for turning powder laundry detergent into liquid laundry detergent.
Powder laundry detergent
It is safe for regular washers and HE washers! Just make sure you buy the HE version of the detergent for HE washing machines.
The first thing to do is to grate 1 bar of soap with a cheese grater. You can also use Castile soap if you want.
Mix chopped soap with 4 cups of water in a pot.
Heat over medium/high heat, stirring occasionally, until it melts completely.
Meanwhile, measure 1 cup of both washing sodas.
Half fill a 5-gallon bucket with hot water. Pour the melted soap/water mixture into the bucket and stir. Then add washing soda to it. Shake again.
If you want any extra scent power, you can mix in several drops of your favorite essential oil. No exact amount, I just keep adding drops till I feel satisfied with the fragrance. My favorite fragrances for homemade detergent are orange and lavender.
Add more hot water, filling the bucket a little more than 3/4 full. Put a lid on it and leave it in the gel for 24 hours. Now, it won’t gel in the same way as your normal store-bought detergent.
Now, if you let it sit for more than 24 hours, it will gel into a Jell-O-like consistency. If it does, don’t worry – just mix it well enough to break it up.
I heard from a reader that she actually lets it sit longer for that purpose, and then mixes it with it and she said the consistency is much smoother like this, which is what you see in store-bought detergents is more comparable.
So I haven’t tried it yet – but if any of you do try it, let me know how it worked out for you! However you do it, the cleaning power remains the same!
Now, it’s time to add in laundry detergent. Pour into the entire container and stir well to mix well.
Now, you can drop it in buckets—or you can divide it into empty containers of your choice. I usually make two batches at once, and I fill 2-3 empty laundry containers and store the buckets elsewhere…refilling the containers as needed.
Use 1/2 cup for regular large loads. So there you have it! I hope you all like this version as much as I do!! Know about, the difference between liquid and powder detergent.
How Do You Dissolve Powdered Detergent?
If you have a top loader, add detergent to the wash water and run your machine for a few minutes before submerging the item in the water.
This will help ensure that the detergent powder is properly dissolved. One option is to pre-mix the detergent with water or use a cold power liquid. Read More:- Best powder laundry detergent
Where Do I Put Laundry Powder
- For best results, make sure you put detergent and softener in the correct sections of your detergent drawer.
- Powdered detergent usually goes in the widest part of the drawer on the left. If in doubt, check your washing machine’s manual.
- The liquid softener goes into the partially covered section of the drawer with the flower symbol. It’s either in the center or on the right side of the drawer, depending on your model.
- The third section of the dispenser drawer is for pre-wash detergent, so if you have selected the pre-wash function for your washing program you should add Relevant pre-wash detergent.
- Make sure you’ve added the correct amount of detergent and softener to the drawer according to your load size. Check the guidance on the packaging of your detergent and softener for guidance and pay attention to the maximum level indicators in the detergent drawer section. Soft water areas may require less detergent.
- Filling the drawer with detergent can cause excessive foaming inside the washing machine which can cause problems with both your washing machine and the laundry inside.
- Make sure you store your detergent and fabric softener carefully and safely. If you want to store your detergent in a container other than its original packaging, make sure the container is securely sealed and water-tight and clearly label it.
- Always keep detergent and fabric softener out of reach of children and animals. Know about, the Best time to do laundry.
Thanks for reading. If you have any questions you can comment in the comment box.